Meat is deficient in essential carbohydrates, fibre and vitamins (except the B-complex). Excessive protein consumption causes acidic nitrogen-rich blood and a host of long-term health problems. Meat contains antibiotics, growth hormones, pesticides & other agricultural chemicals as well as pathogenic microorganisms and animal waste: before adding ketchup, the biggest contributors to the “flavour profile” of a beef burger are the leftover blood and urine.
Diseases caused or exacerbated by easting animal products:
heart disease, stroke, diabetes, obesity, IBS, colon cancer, lung cancer, stomach cancer, bladder cancer, breast cancer, kidney stones and gallstones, multiple sclerosis, arthritis, osteoporosis, eczeme, acne, gum disease etc. and perhaps dimentia.
All natural cancer prevention substances known are plant-based: vitamin C, B-17, hydroquionenes, beta carotene, NDGA. Soya beans contain protease inhibitor, a powerful anti-cancer compound. Most cooked meats produce benzenes and other carcinogenic compounds.
Cancer is infinitely easier to avoid than to cure!
Diseases caused or exacerbated by avoiding animal products:
N.B. This doesn’t mean you won’t get ill but a balanced vegan diet will not make any illness worse.
News flash: “
Bird flu Swine flu is not new!”
Most and probably all infectious diseases have spread to humans from other animals because of farming and meat-eating: e.g.
- Bird Flu & Thyphoid (from chickens);
- CJD, Small Pox & Measles (from cows);
- TB (cows & goats);
- Flu (ducks);
- Common Cold (horses);
- Whooping Cough, Trichinonsis & Hepatitis E (pigs);
- AIDS, Ebola & Margburg disease (monkeys);
- Anthrax (sheep);
- SARS (from palm civets);
- Psittacosis (pigeons & parrots);
- Tularemia (rabbits);
- Lassa fever (possibly Guinea pigs);
- Leprosy (Water Buffaloes);
- Malaria (pigs or chickens);
- Bubonic Plague (cats not rats);
- Helicobacter pylori – cause of stomach cancer and ulcers (sheep) &
- Helicobacter pullorum – common cause of diarrhoea (chickens)…