- 2 tins Kidney beans
- 1 chipped Onion
- 1 grated Carrot
- 1 clove Garlic
- ½ chopped Green Pepper
- 50g fresh Breadcrumbs
- 100g dried Breadcrumbs
- Chilli powder and any other spice/fresh herbs.
Make dried breadcrumbs by toasting fresh ones in a frying pan.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
- Fry Onion and Garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add Carrot and Pepper, cook for 5 minutes further.
- Add spices/seasoning; stir thoroughly.
- In a bowl, pulverise the Beans and then add the Onion/Carrot mixture, mix thoroughly and add the fresh Breadcrumbs.
- Divide the mixture into 8, squash into burger-shapes and cover with dried Breadcrumbs.
- Place on greased baking tray, bake for 20 minutes; flip over and bake for a further 15 minutes.