- 225g Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 50g Marg
- 150ml Soya milk or Water
- 50g Sugar
- 75g Raisins
- ground Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Sift the Flour, Powder and Sugar into a bowl. Add the marg and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Gradually add the Soya Milk to form soft (but not sticky) dough.
- Knead on a floured board adding raisins and press out to a thickness of about 1cm.
- Cut using a 5cm round cutter and place on a greased baking tray.
- Bake for c. 14 minutes until golden brown.
Top tip: while away long winter nights arguing with your friends about the correct pronunciation of ‘scone’.