NB: No pretence is being made that this is a healthy item!
- 1 packet frozen Puff-pastry (e.g. Jus-Rol)
- 1 bag Oven Chips (or 3 portions Chippy-chips)
- 1 cup frozen Peas
- 1 finely chopped large Onion
- Gravy powder
- Black Pepper
- If using Oven Chips, cook as per instructions on the bag.
- Roll a layer of pastry and line a pie dish.
- Fry the onion for a few minutes, add the frozen peas and 2 cups of gravy (gravy made following the instructions on the tub).
- Put Chips in pie dish, cover with gravy-pea-onion mixture then the pastry top.
- Bake for about ½ an hour at gas mark 7. Yum, yum, yum!
Alternative pie filling: Spinach & cream ‘cheese’:
- 1 tub Tofutti Cream ‘Cheese’
- 1 large Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1tsp Bouillon powder
- Chilli powder
- loads of fresh and/or frozen Spinach
- Finely chop the Onion & Garlic, fry.
- Add Spinach until a wonderful green gloop is present.
- Turn off heat, stir in cream ‘cheese’ — create whitish gloop.
- Add spices/stock — make pie as above.